Getting past the competition and turning the heads of mobile and web app users is no easy task, but our team of veteran app developers have the knowledge and the experience to deliver world-class applications that both businesses and their customers appreciate. Well-designed mobile applications reach customers, both present and future, and employees, boosting productivity and profit, to grow businesses in ways that impossible anywhere else.
What is Agile Development
Agile is a methodology aimed at improving standard development process. This approach is very flexible and allows developers to quickly react to changing requirement thanks to iterative elaboration cycles, feedback, and close cooperation. Agile development processes oppose software elaboration life cycle, in particular, a classical Waterfall method.
The methodology of Agile development is a right decision for large or long lifecycle projects, constantly adapting to market conditions. Our team is such class of creative people who can generate, issue and test the new ideas weekly or even daily to obtain the best results.
Advantages of the Agile Approach
Agile programming method allows the developers to define the direction of work during software creation and implement changes even at the final stages.
The general advantages of this methodology are:
- High quality - thanks to a continuous form of revision, teamwork and short work cycles any defect or error will be more likely detected and corrected.
- Knowledge and skill sharing - specialists work in a close cooperation and face a perfect ability to interact, learn from one another and share experience to improve efficiency.
- More productivity - programmers do actual hard work when working in agile groups or pairs.
High Quality in the Shortest Timeframes
The agile methodology enables you to get the product to the market with minimum expenses and as fast as possible. During creation process there is no need to analyze paralysis because all the requirements are gathered during the elaboration process, and such problem simply can not address. The development cycles are usually not longer than two weeks, and it becomes possible for a client to change the requirements and calibrate the demands in choppy circumstances.
Three Key Skills of a Successful Agile Team
Thanks to our experience we clearly understand how we should work to achieve the perfect result in Agile software development:
- We quickly exchange information during the working process. Tools: short iterations, demo, continuous communication with the customer, etc.
- We observe, analyze and solve arising problems in time. Tools: teamwork, daily discussion of tasks, retrospectives, cross-questioning, etc.
- We help businesses to obtain the best possible result. Tools: joint designing of a product throughout all project, analysis of target audience and its problems, fast delivery of MVP, etc.
All this help us to solve problems and make every participant understand what he should do.
When to Use Agile?
When needs of users regularly change in dynamic business.
Changes on Agile are implemented at the smaller price because of regular increments, but if you perfectly see your final product and have already planed all the stages of development, it will be more efficient to choose Waterfall approach.
Unlike Waterfall, in the Agile model, small planning is quiet enough for project start.
Everything You Want to Know About Agile
Agile is an ideology, a system of values and flexible methods in general. The rest (XP, Scrum, Kanban) — it’s methodologies. Today's typical Agile process represents the most various mix of the good ideas taken from various sources. In Agile the team is self-organized and self-managed, and success of the project depends on an understanding of people that they are a team.
Let's consider 4 points of the Agile Manifesto and 12 its principles:
- People and cooperation are more important than processes and tools;
- The working program is more important, than exhaustive documentation (it is presented, simply written in free time, and it is not strictly formalized);
- The cooperation with the client is more important than discussion of contract details;
- Readiness for changes is more important than following to plans.
The following principles are based on the Agile Manifesto.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through an early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer's competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is a face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of work not done--is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
User stories option it one of the primary artifacts, and the most formalized one(shall be documented):
It is one of the most basic instruments of Agile methodology; they are rather small, convenient for creation, discussion, planning, assessment and the subsequent work. In essence, they represent an algorithm of interaction between a user and a product. In general user, story option consists of 3 points: role (authorized user, manager administrator, etc.), steps (tasks) and ultimate goal.
The possibility of prioritization allows the team to concentrate on the most significant and important stories of users. Assessment of labor input of each history allows to plan terms of its implementation, thereby managing expectations of the customer. It is simpler to estimate small history that leads to more precise estimates, better predictability, and easier planning. But as soon as you reduce your stories, you will face new a problem — huge backlog.
User stories expand, and it becomes harder to manage them. Use of daily meetings, especially in a dispersed team, increases the efficiency of creation process and transparency in problem situations. Ideal Agile differs in frequent communication between developers, testers and the team of a client - representatives of business. All members of the development process have a clear understanding of what needs to be created, and the detailed description of what needs to be checked in case of readiness.
Sprint in the time from the statement of tasks to their performance (today the typical duration of Agile phase was reduced from a month to two weeks).
The important aspect of Agile is that all the team is responsible for quality. The possibility of problem representation of Sprint in the form of "board of tasks" allows to perceive quicker current situation by a visual grouping of tasks depending on their state, showing the number of accomplished and remained work.
Extreme programming, announced by Kent Beck in 1995, as a process, comprises such approaches as unit testing ( tests are written to the main code), refactoring, pair programming (gives a very good exchange of experience), fixed working hours (40-hour to week).
EP is based on:
- Development is conducted by short iterations with dynamic interrelation with the customer.
- Uniform standards of coding. As possession of code is collective, it is impossible to develop software without it.
- Simplicity of decisions. The team takes the first elementary working decision.
- Intensive work in small groups ( no more than 10 people).
- Feedback with the client whose representative is involved in development process.
- Continuous integration.
EP process is informal but demands the high level of self-discipline. If this rule is not carried out, then EP instantly turns into the chaotic and uncontrollable process.It is very suitable for small projects, and very often used by startups.
Kanban is based on the concept just-in-time. It is the flexible methodology oriented on tasks. It is the approach which violates the basic rule of Agile approach— there is a temporary restriction of one development phase. The primary objective of the Kanban is to reduce the number of work in progress. There are no sprints; the team works on a task from the very beginning and to the completion.
Basic Rules of Kanban
- Separation of work into tasks;
- Use of marks about a task status;
- Restriction of the works which are carried out at the same time at each development stage;
- Average duration of the accomplishment of one task and a process of improvement.
- Micro team
Professional Software Development
We believe that a professional developer never stops on a single methodology and consistently explores the new horizons to find the new approaches that suit every individual project. When we start a new project, we define the most suitable method for this exact task, but the central philosophy we are adherent to is continuous improvement.
We have enough experience to use agile methods in our work, but we are also ready to apply waterfall approach, if you, for example, have a clear vision of your future application, its options, and interface. Anyway, regardless the approach, you can be sure, that final result will be exactly what you want to get.
Order Your Software
We are proud of our projects and happy to provide our services to new clients. Our company has already deserved the world recognition thanks to the high attention to personal needs and quality of the software products.
Development of the personal apps implies the individual approach coordinated with each client.
All the stages of work are well-adjusted and efficient:
- Primary project evaluation according to your recommendations;
- IT consulting;
- Setting of the purposes and tasks, gathering requirements on software development for creation an optimum configuration;
- Total estimation of cost and periods of software development;
- Design of the interface and software modules;
- Testing of the software at all stages;
- Implementation and launch
- Marketing support
- Post-production assistance
Use of reliable IT technologies in combination with checked standards of software development, allow creating bespoke software accomplishing the main task - to increase the efficiency and quality of operation in any area.
Choose our development company, and we will find the right approach for our development process to create an exclusive software for your business purposes.